What is coaching?
Coaching is a one-on-one relationship focused on life and leadership transformation. While it includes all the benefits of counseling, mentoring and accountability, coaching is more holistic. MCI's coaching engages the Holy Spirit and applies a systematic approach to achieve success in one's spiritual life, personal discipline, leadership advancement, optimum health and priority management.
Why get coached?
Christians are called to excellence in life and ministry. 1st Timothy 4:12 says to "...set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." Coaching provides a framework to assess, develop and grow these key areas. The outside perspective and direct approach from your coach will allow you to eliminate blind spots and receive expert counsel, direction and encouragement.
How does it work?
Your coaching begins with behavioral assessments, an introduction to coaching tools and a two-hour session with your coach. You will discuss goals, your current reality and develop key objectives for your experience. You will then participate in two, 30-minute calls each month.
Additionally, you may take advantage of onsite opportunities to supplement your one-one-coaching. From team building to strategic planning, your coach provide growth opportunities in all areas of life and leadership.
- “How can I adequately say thank you for bringing life, hope, direction and vision to a pastor in need of them all?”
- George Nagato, District Superintendent, Hawaii Assemblies of God
- “After 7 years in the ministry I found myself in a frightening place. I had reached my capacity to keep the momentum going in the ministry and had not reached my destination. Also, spending so much time pouring into the ministry had left my personal life on empty. I realized coaching was an answer to prayer. I’ve learned how to bring balance to my life through intentional living. I’ve also learned to develop my own abilities and goals as a leader, as well as those of the leaders around me. Thank you!”
- Randy Saylor, Senior Pastor, Jubilee Bible Church, Ottumwa, Iowa
- “As a lead pastor of a large church and father of teenagers, life was moving fast. Coaching [became] a powerful tool. In coaching, cautions, warnings, corrections, encouragements and challenges were given. Priorities were identified and assessed. At one point the bottom fell out [on my life] and I laid on my death-bed. My coach had faith for me when I had no faith left. Coaching at this stage has meant more than ever. Crisis and grief had skewed my vision – my coach gave me clarity. Hardship and loss had shaken my confidence – my coach gave me perspective. Now, a new era awaits me!”
- John Stumbo, Senior Pastor, Salem Alliance Church, Salem, OR
- “Coaching has been a valuable an incredible experience because it has affirmed my strengths and has held me accountable to work on those areas of my life where there’s weakness.”
- Colleen Nordlund, CRISTA Ministries